Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an older guy who decided to take my 1991 Diamondback Apex down off the hooks and start riding again. Found out that I can't ride it anymore, hard to get on and off, the riding position doesn't work for me either. No more single tracks and climbing. Wife and I just want to ride around the neighborhood and use the nearby park paths. I researched and went around to bike stores, decided that a "comfort bike " is the answer. Bought a new Trek Navigator 2.0. So far, I like the bike. smooth ride, comfy seat. upright riding position, very sturdy build, great looking. I like the twist shifters ( I know that the purists may scoff, but for me it is easier to keep track of where i am at with the gears ) I think we are going to enjoy biking again like we did in our younger days.

·
Two skinny J's
21,348 Posts
Enjoying the ride, isn't that what it's all about? If you were miserable and uncomfortable you would likely not get out and exercise and enjoy at all, have fun and enjoy!

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Hi from the Swamps of South Jersey, I am a older guy allso 67-1/2. I started back rideing about 4 years ago with a Jamis Explorer 2.0 comfort bike, now I have a fue bikes but I like my Jamis Aurora elite steel touring bike for the ride .

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Welcome back to the riding scene. It just gets better with every ride :)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Body & gear changes as decades pass. I'm 66 riding a comfort hybrid which is much better for me than my old road bike of 25 years ago.
Riding is fun again.

·
No longer a newb!
177 Posts
Congrats on deciding to pick up cycling again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts