Back on two wheels and loving it!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lootcorp, Oct 13, 2010.

1. lootcorp

lootcorp New Member

Hi, all -

My name is Jim, and I live in Connecticut. I used to be an avid bike rider, first when I was a kid and then when I was in college. Sadly, after I moved back from school years ago, I was parted from my bikes and never really got back into riding.

Recently, for some reason, I started to think about biking again. This led me to check out my LBS this past weekend. I would up buying a Giant Escape 1, which I love. So far I've only done two little rides on it (each only around 5 miles) - it is dark by the time I get home from work, so my riding time is limited (I'm trying to work out the logistics of commuting back and forth to the train station).

My eventual goal is to do some distance touring, working up to a century. I just love the concept of doing a long distance ride - obviously I have a long ways to go!

Anyway, nice to meet all of you, and I'll see you around the forums.

-Jim

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  2. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Hi from the Swamps of South Jersey. I allso would like to do 100 miles, I have done 62 miles on my comfort bike that took me 6 hours, old and slow thats me. Good luck on your quest for the 100 miles, I am sure you will do it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010

3. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Welcome Jim

Post a lot

4. awinter

awinter No longer a newb!

Hi from The Peoples Republic of California!

5. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

6. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Welcome to TwoSpoke.com!

7. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Welcome to the forum!!!! Good luck on your goals. I think you will find that getting to that century will be hard, but well worth the effort.

8. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Hey Jim,
    How you doing? You turning the cranks?

9. gs46

gs46 Pedaling Old Man

Welcome fro michigan, I'm working my way up to 30 miles and find I might want a differant bike for the task....

10. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Hey Jim, what has happened to you?

Keep us up to date on how the cycling is going!