Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My first bike when I was fifteen was a used Schwinn balloon tired bike with a tank and a horn in it (which didn't work) and I rode it on country roads and the highways.
After flirting with road bikes and mountain bikes ever since, I'm on a Giant Suede comfort bike which reminds me of the Schwinn of 1951. It's what I really need at age 73. I never could keep up with the club rides or climb the steep hills, was always uncomfortable on all the bikes except the recumbents, the latter being a little awkward to jump on & off of or get started again in traffic. Now I'm comfortable, and don't feel up to long trips anyway...just having fun, keeping somewhat fit, and having something to do errands on since I gave up the car thing a couple of years ago. Enjoy reading about you others who are in the prime of older age and riding yet. Happypants

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Hey welcome, post like we vote often!

·
Pedaling Old Man
68 Posts
Hi from S.E. Michigan, I stsarted this summer at 55 and never thought riding a bike could be so fun. Wish the temp was 70 all the time.....glad your on board and keep it up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts