Bad day; Good day.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HandsomeRyan, Mar 8, 2010.

1. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

I just need to get this off my chest...

Bad Day:

Last night we had gone to dinner with some friends who were in town visiting and came out of the restaurant to find our brand new Nissan Rogue looked like this: :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The person left a note and it included legitimate insurance info so we'll get this fixed and be out nothing but the hassle of it but it's still sad that this car is only a few months old. Bad (but it could be worse) day. :hate:

Good day:

After 268 days of unemployment after being laid off due to corporate bankruptcy, I received a phone call this morning offering me a job. It would be a stretch to say it is my "dream job" but it is working in horticulture which has been my passion since I was 15 years old. Since moving here to MD a few months ago I've been very socially isolated; this job will put me in contact with a lot of people who share my passion for plants and so outside of just the monetary gain I believe it will be a huge benefit to my psychological well being as well. I'm the type of person who doesn't want to do something if they can't do it well and plants are something I do very well. :D

2. Mootsguy

Mootsguy A Red Headed Stepchild

w00t

Good onya!

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Congrats Ryan! That's awesome. Except the car thing. That sucks.

4. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Which cartel hired you?

5. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

I hear that they are lookin' for some new talent in Tennesee.;)

6. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

There is a county in East TN called Grainger County. They are known for producing some of the highest quality tomatoes in the US but they are also known for producing pot worth more than the [legal] GDP of the state of TN. :D

More good news:

In addition to getting a job yesterday, a package arrived from an old friend and he sent me an XT 9 speed cassette and a bunch of park tools (crank puller, cassette lockring and BB tools, a chain whip, and a cassette cleaner). Bike parts/tool are always fun to get! :D

No I need to find an inexpensive 9 speed shifter/derailleur combo. I've found a SRAM X.4 derailleur for like $20 but the shifters are all $50+ and I feel like if I buy a nicer shifter I should really buy a nicer derailleur and then the whole thing gains financial momentum.

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I thought this ^ was leeding into this V.

You could imagine my disappointment. :(

8. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Sorry about the car....but that is small beans compared to the good news. Congrats!!!!!!