Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't like bar ends, but I have run them in the past. They don't seem to really help much. I also have a problem with getting way to close to, or clipping trees. Catching a bar end on a tree=death and pain.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
I had a really bad crash once cuz my bar end cought a branch and I supermaned OTB into some rocks. I cracked a couple of ribs which really sucks BTW.

For a typical mtn bike I use a riser bar and on my singlespeeds I use an On One Mary Bar. The swept back Mary offers a more natural hand position and greater leverage for climbing.

If you really want to try out bar ends, the best I've used are the Cane Creeks. I used these for a couple of years on a riser bar until I switched to the Mary.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think bar ends are kind of a waste but maybe thats just me. The only ones i have used that are semi comfortable are the Cane Creek ergo's but still i used them so rarely I just tossed em. Personal preference for most. What would be your reason for wanting/needing them?

·
63 Posts
I like bar ends because it gives me another position for my hands to rest and or pull for the long climbs. Personal preference as my buddy don't use them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the cane creek ones pictured above and mostly use them when my hands get tired of being in the same position.

·
Registered
6 Posts
love em

I enjoy long technical rock climbs and bar ends really help me. but yea, it's a personal pref sort of thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts