Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Back Row
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I haven't posted here in a long time but I need some help before the Cox Atlanta MS ride this Saturday and Sunday in Callaway.

My old bar tape is coming apart so I picked up some new stuff at the bike shop. It's called fi'zi:k and it's microtex. The bike shop service center is swamped because of the MS ride this year so I figured I could probably do this myself, but I have a few questions.

1. The tape is perforated except for the very end, 6" or so. Why is the end not perforated like the rest?

2. Do you recommend going from the bottom up, or top down of the bars?

I've watched a few youtube videos, and it seems pretty easy, but none of the videos use the Microtex perforated tape.

So.. I don't know how to approach the non-perforated section.

Thanks!
synack

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Welcome back! You're just north of me. I live out on the west side of town in Hiram.

I have yet to attempt a wrap myself, but do know from watching the guys at the shop that you go from the bottom (bar end) up. As far as no perforation at the end, all I can think of is that would provide a better surface for the tape at the end to stick to.

I'm sure one of the 'sperienced' guys will have a better answer.

Good luck on your ride!

·
Two skinny J's
21,323 Posts
Hi guys,
I haven't posted here in a long time but I need some help before the Cox Atlanta MS ride this Saturday and Sunday in Callaway.

My old bar tape is coming apart so I picked up some new stuff at the bike shop. It's called fi'zi:k and it's microtex. The bike shop service center is swamped because of the MS ride this year so I figured I could probably do this myself, but I have a few questions.

1. The tape is perforated except for the very end, 6" or so. Why is the end not perforated like the rest?

2. Do you recommend going from the bottom up, or top down of the bars?

I've watched a few youtube videos, and it seems pretty easy, but none of the videos use the Microtex perforated tape.

So.. I don't know how to approach the non-perforated section.

Thanks!
synack
Do you work for Cox as well ?

·
The Back Row
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did as of a couple of weeks ago. Although I will still be riding for Team Cox as I did in the past.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts