Bar Tape

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Fran, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Fran

Fran Guest

It's about that time for my bar tape to be replaced and I was just wondering if there was one that may be better for a rider like myself, that doesn't wear gloves?

2. Sean

Sean New Member

I have always found Cinelli cork tape to be durable and comfy.

3. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

I like the Bontrager stuff pretty well. The Cinelli seems to work pretty well too though.

4. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

I always wear gloves, but I have felt some of the Specialized Roubaix tape on a friends bike, and it felt very good on my bare hands. Also, Specialized and others make a gel wrap that you can place below the bar tape for increased comfort.

Specialized Bicycle Components : EQUIPMENT - Handlebar Tape

5. bantam700

bantam700 New Member

I use bontrager tape and I wear gloves regularly, but yesterday they were rubbing a hot spot 10 miles into a 65 mile ride so I decided to go without. At the end of the ride my hands were great.

6. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

I have cork on my road bike.

Here is a show at You tube that might help

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3I-z70RBL8]YouTube - Handlebar Tape Part 1[/ame] and there is a part two

7. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

If anyone is looking for some good tape with little padding, I have been running this faux leather bar tape all year now. Looks great, good grip, and lasts a long time. It has lasted me about twice as long, so far, as any cork tape I have had. Can't remember the brand of the tape I am using, but there are several companies selling similar products now.

Click the thumbnail below to see it on the bike.

CIMG0023.jpg

8. bantam700

bantam700 New Member

Gah, I have nightmares about wrapping handlebars.

9. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Nothing to it, I do it all the time.

Watch the movie a few times then just do it.

Good luck, enjoy life.

10. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

That brown cork sure looks nice, I have it on my road bike.

BUT, don't let it rub on anything, I let it get against the side of the inside of the pickup and now I am going to have to re-do it with new tape.