Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife hates having her brake levers under the hoods on her new bike, a Trek Lexa S. I've seen some road bikes and know that the Giant TCX 0 'cross bike come with an extra set of brake levers on the top of the bar (well not on top, but in front of the bar). Is there a kit or something where I can add a set of bar top levers for her until she is comfortable with the standard levers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks for the info. Is it a separate cable going to a splitter where both pull the brake or is it spliced in? Trying to find a diagram on line and not finding much...
You cut the current cable housing, remove a short piece if needed, and put the brake lever inline.

·
Just Plain Bitter!
72 Posts
I have seen a lot more people using these lately. My girlfriends first bike had them and she was upset after upgrading that they were gone. I convinced her she did not need then anymore and she never asked about them again.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well I like the ones on my upright bike, but my first ten speed didn't have a separate brake levers. Instead it had a bar that you could pull up that would work the brake lever on the drops. I got used to being able to brake riding with my hands in that position. Id miss having to move the hands to brake because I ride with my hands there more than I do with them in the drops. Do I really need brakes there?? Probably not but I'd miss them if they were not there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts