Beach & trails, with uni-cable-cam

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by unigeezer, Oct 30, 2009.

1. unigeezer

unigeezer Over 50 and not '2' tired

From 10/29/09

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5EE2t-D-X4]YouTube - UniGeezer: "Beach & Trail"[/ame]

2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Man I love these videos. That takes brass friend.

3. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Wow! Is that you riding?

4. Bikernaut

Bikernaut Space Case

5. unigeezer

Hana, thanks.

Yeah. You can check out my other thread and there's a [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO-VmJLh2Gk"]compilation video[/ame] I put together, which kindof summarizes my most extreme riding
    'preciate it! :D

6. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

What got you into to off road unicyling?

7. unigeezer

When I found out about it in late 2005. It's been around for about 18 years, but the sport is still really pretty new compared to most other cycling sports.

8. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

That's cool man. Like I said I'm checking out the second hand market to see what I can procure. Then it's on to Mountain Uni-cycling. I showed the wife your videos. She said they were awesome then looked me dead in the eye and said no.

9. unigeezer

It's actually much safer than mtbing. Your speed is much less than a bike, where if you fall at high speed you risk serious injury, and you can also get tangled up in a bike when you fall. On a uni you usually just land on your feet.

Plus I wear plenty of protective gear and even with the more extreme riding I do, it's pretty safe compared to comparable extreme riding on a bike. It's also the most amazing way to get and stay fit! Take it from a person who's almost 54! I'm in the best shape of my life thanks to MUni (Mountain unicycling).

Btw, don't get a cheap uni; you'll only end up quickly outgrowing it and/or breaking it. For a great starter I recommend torker dx or nimbus with splined cranks. Go here to see what's available: www.unicycle.com

10. unigeezer

I accidentally made a double post. How do I delete this? All I could do was erase the text, but I can't see an option to delete this post.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  11. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Don't worry about it the mods will take care of it. I'm checking it out and it seems like there right out of my budget for now. What brands are best so I can keep my eye out?

12. unigeezer

I have the KH (Kris Holm) Mountain Unicycle, (24") and also the Trials size (19"). They are top of the line quality and built for extreme use, and well worth the price.

My MUni is upgraded though, with a surly large marge 65mm wide rim, Intense 24x3 DH tire, magura hydraulic rim brake, speedplay "drillium" pedals, thomson seat post, and carbon fiber seat base and lift handle. The standard KH MUni is still great just as it comes as well. :thumbsup:

13. salvage_bikes

salvage_bikes Banned

I have seen some guys riding those with the big wheels (looks like half a penny farthing), and getting up enough speed for some serious road rash. I tried a unicycle once. it felt like endo city. I couldn't get it, but I bet if you can, it will make you a more well balanced (literally) bicyclist on any 2 wheeler. Neat video.

14. unigeezer

Lol, that pic has been posted umpteen times it's a total photoshop job. Notice there's no tire behind his right knee, the water bottle bottle is *inside* the spoke area, and the brakes are on the tire, not the rim!

Here's the real deal 36er unicycle riding, including offroad, hopping a huge stair set, and speed runs on the 1/4 mile track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDccrPeFDtA

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  15. newleaf150

newleaf150 Deranged Touring Cyclist Tavern Member

Wow. I just don't tire of seeing things like this. The starclimb was just nuts! My hat is off to you, sir.