Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Over 50 and not '2' tired
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From 10/29/09

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5EE2t-D-X4]YouTube - UniGeezer: "Beach & Trail"[/ame]

·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
That's cool man. Like I said I'm checking out the second hand market to see what I can procure. Then it's on to Mountain Uni-cycling. I showed the wife your videos. She said they were awesome then looked me dead in the eye and said no.

·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's cool man. Like I said I'm checking out the second hand market to see what I can procure. Then it's on to Mountain Uni-cycling. I showed the wife your videos. She said they were awesome then looked me dead in the eye and said no.
It's actually much safer than mtbing. Your speed is much less than a bike, where if you fall at high speed you risk serious injury, and you can also get tangled up in a bike when you fall. On a uni you usually just land on your feet.

Plus I wear plenty of protective gear and even with the more extreme riding I do, it's pretty safe compared to comparable extreme riding on a bike. It's also the most amazing way to get and stay fit! Take it from a person who's almost 54! I'm in the best shape of my life thanks to MUni (Mountain unicycling).

Btw, don't get a cheap uni; you'll only end up quickly outgrowing it and/or breaking it. For a great starter I recommend torker dx or nimbus with splined cranks. Go here to see what's available: www.unicycle.com

·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I accidentally made a double post. How do I delete this? All I could do was erase the text, but I can't see an option to delete this post.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Don't worry about it the mods will take care of it. I'm checking it out and it seems like there right out of my budget for now. What brands are best so I can keep my eye out?

·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't worry about it the mods will take care of it. I'm checking it out and it seems like there right out of my budget for now. What brands are best so I can keep my eye out?
I have the KH (Kris Holm) Mountain Unicycle, (24") and also the Trials size (19"). They are top of the line quality and built for extreme use, and well worth the price.

My MUni is upgraded though, with a surly large marge 65mm wide rim, Intense 24x3 DH tire, magura hydraulic rim brake, speedplay "drillium" pedals, thomson seat post, and carbon fiber seat base and lift handle. The standard KH MUni is still great just as it comes as well. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
430 Posts
I have seen some guys riding those with the big wheels (looks like half a penny farthing), and getting up enough speed for some serious road rash. I tried a unicycle once. it felt like endo city. I couldn't get it, but I bet if you can, it will make you a more well balanced (literally) bicyclist on any 2 wheeler. Neat video.

·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Lol, that pic has been posted umpteen times it's a total photoshop job. Notice there's no tire behind his right knee, the water bottle bottle is *inside* the spoke area, and the brakes are on the tire, not the rim!

Here's the real deal 36er unicycle riding, including offroad, hopping a huge stair set, and speed runs on the 1/4 mile track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDccrPeFDtA

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,152 Posts
Lol, that pic has been posted umpteen times it's a total photoshop job. Notice there's no tire behind his right knee, the water bottle bottle is *inside* the spoke area, and the brakes are on the tire, not the rim!

Here's the real deal 36er unicycle riding, including offroad, hopping a huge stair set, and speed runs on the 1/4 mile track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDccrPeFDtA
Wow. I just don't tire of seeing things like this. The starclimb was just nuts! My hat is off to you, sir.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts