Bent Newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Engyo, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Engyo

Engyo Bent Newbie - old rider

Good morning, folks -

I have been cycling for more years than I want to admit to, but just recently got 'bent. I purchased a used Rans V3 (2008, steel) two weeks ago, and am getting it (and me!) dialed in.

Planning on riding the BP MS-150 (Houston to Austin) next April (if I make the signup cut today). I had done this ride in either '92 or '93 on my Trek.

Looking forward to discussions and cameraderie.

2. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Welcome!

What route does the MS-150 take?

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Welcome! I see your into Yoga. It blew up in Austin a few years back and now the studios are everywhere. Look forward to hearing from another Texan!

4. Engyo

Engyo Bent Newbie - old rider

Hi, all -

Funetical - actually I am a practicing Buddhist. Not particularly into yoga, but the greeting is used in both.

Dean - they haven't published the 2010 route maps yet. The ride generally starts west of Houston, stops for lunch in Belleville, and the first day ends at the fairgrounds in La Grange. The second day goes through Buescher and Bastrop state parks, can't remember the specific lunch stop, and ends up in southeast Austin.

There are a couple of other MS rides during the year, but this is the big one.

5. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Rat Biker

Hey Engyo welcome to two spoke form another new guy as well