Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
9ONE6 Rider
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find a good 2 inch hitch bike rack for my Dual Suspension Mountain Bike & Hard Tail bike. I want to have two bikes or more loaded up but mainly only two.

I'm seeking something that is under $250.00

Also something that will be very rugged and safe for my frames.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sunlite has the best "cheap" hitch racks. They have the features of the more expensive brands without the name. (SunLite is the house brand for J&B Importers - one of the largest bike parts distributors in the US)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have the 4 bike version of this rack purchased through walmart.com:

Allen Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack, 522RR Deluxe 2-Bike, 1 1/4" - 2" - Walmart.com

I have a friend that has used it for two years to carry his Cannondale CAAD-9. I've used one for months to carry my Motobecane Fantom 29 mtb, and over spring break I loaded my 29er and my wife's Jamis Boss Cruiser on there and we went on a road trip that took us about 150 miles from home and back, so we could ride our bikes on Sanibel Island.

·
Paved Trail Enthusiast
228 Posts
I'm getting rid of my two bike Saris trunk rack after only one month. I get very nervous traveling anywhere with this assembly. I'm going with a Swagman bike rail rack. A little costly for the hitch and installation, but worth it in the long run. Bikes just stand right up. I would never recommend a trunk mount for 2 bikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts