Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best helmet to use? I have never used one and I am going to buy one soon but want some opinions on which to buy for Mountain biking. I do not want a full helmet but something to protect the noggin.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you are just looking for protection any helmet from a $20 one at wal mart to a high end $250 one from a bike shop will do the trick, about the only advantages a more expensive helmet has is aerodynamics, weight, and the amount of air it directs over your head to keep you cool.

That being said, I have used this helmet for off road riding in the past and I have no complaints about it: Giro / Cycling Helmets / Indicator

·
SMILEY CAR
191 Posts
I actually use the same one as bantam.

I like it a lot because it's not heavy and it doesn't really make you that hot wearing it for a while.

I use it for MTB, so it should be a good choice I'd say.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Giro Xen. The most comfortable helmet i know of, well at least for my head anyways. Worth a try. Higher end helmets are sometimes more impact resistance depending on the manufacturer. Giro/Bell is one of the best i think

·
zero the hero
75 Posts
The best helmet for YOU is the one that fits YOU best.
Go to a shop and try a bunch on. They all meet the same crash ratings...
More money spent just means it gets lighter, with better features.

Each manufacturer uses different molds, and they all have a slightly different fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts