Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound weird to some but I have a goal this year on my bicycle blogs. That is to have more blog posts about history and culture than about safety and advocacy.

The reason is in the past there have been more things posted about safety and advocacy than history and culture.

The A&S had mostly been in reaction to something bad or negative, like a motorist that collided with a cyclist and serious injury or death was the result. The source of the information is usually from news stories and my opinions of the drivers who hit cyclists are not very good and have been insulting in some cases. I am also just as hard on the cyclists who are at fault for the collisions as well. The number of A&S posts are primarily determined by how many news stories occur when a cyclist is hit or when there is anything related to bicycle A&S worth writting about.

The history and culture blog posts are from historical sites and events that I attend and visit in my local area and elsewhere. These are determined by how many I attend and visit in a years time frame.

I hope in 2011 there are not as many stories in the news relating to collisions between cyclsits and motorists or issues where motorists speak out against cyclists rights to the roadways. There are plenty of historical and cultural sites and events I am going to attend this year to post about. I hope that number is more than the number of A&S issues.

I know some are probably thinking I can just limit the number of A&S postings and increase the number of history and culture I post about. That's not how I roll. I post about all A&S subjects that have to do with Iowa and history and culture subjects based on sites and events I attend.

To date there are 276 A&S posts and 222 history and culture posts on my blog site. I am currently working on a new history and culture post with the hope of another new one to post about after I attend an event tonight. Sorry but I do not disclose the subject of the post until it is published.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
It's good to have blog goals and a plan. For the past four years, I've mainly focused on cycling. This year, I've expanded to include more outdoor activities that fit in with cycling, such as hiking and camping, and I'm slowly working my way into more winter activities. Due to these changes, the amount of cool stuff I get to review is growing into a small mountain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts