Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know the importance of using phone holders on the bicycle. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
1) so you can see what’s on your phone (i.e. cycling app)

2) so you can grab it to snap a photo of that crazy trick your friend is doing.

3) so you can answer the phone quickly when your boss calls to ask where you are, so you can answer “in the restroom.”

4)so you don’t drop your phone.

5) to free up space in your Jersey pockets for McDonalds cheeseburgers.

5) and if your phone holder happens to be a cute gal riding on your handlebars, you’ll get extra points from your riding friends.

·
Mom's Taxi
4,905 Posts
1) so you can see what’s on your phone (i.e. cycling app)

2) so you can grab it to snap a photo of that crazy trick your friend is doing.

3) so you can answer the phone quickly when your boss calls to ask where you are, so you can answer “in the restroom.”

4)so you don’t drop your phone.

5) to free up space in your Jersey pockets for McDonalds cheeseburgers.

5) and if your phone holder happens to be a cute gal riding on your handlebars, you’ll get extra points from your riding friends.
The first number 5, for me would be a Filet O Fish.
The second number 5, I would prefer the cute young lady to be pedaling while I ride on the handlebars.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,024 Posts
Holds fon, wallet and more.......
It's weatherproof and can use fon without opening it up.....(bluetoof speaker is submersible)

Tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

......rest of bikes, the fon holder is the camebak. I do have a casio commando military spec waterproof, dustproof, tempproof, shockproof fon that is the only fon I would run in an open bar/stem mounted holder.....just haven't ever bought one. Most of my riding involves dirt/mud to some degree and don't care for a fon to end up dirty and crusty like I do. Don't do much road riding but on the gravel or road bike might be the most useful place to have one like that.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,024 Posts
mine has straps around frame and one around the stem. Seems to ride just fine.....maybe not so good offroad bike though.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,024 Posts
can't use touch screen while in my pocket and my pocket is not weatherproof when need be.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts