Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won a Schwinn Hybrid for the company Christmas party and started cycling with a friend that use to race. I am hooked. I am up to 60 miles (although painfully so), but hope to reach a century by the end of the year. We have been riding the Santa Ana River Trail in SOCAL. If I can do a century on this bike, I will upgrade. I have been looking at Cannondale Synapse and Cervelo RS, but who knows what I will end up with.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Glad to have you here at TwoSpoke, vbarron. Keep it up! It sounds like you have made a lot of progress in a relatively short amount of time.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
welcome, keep riding...
surprisingly those bikes are pretty similar... the Cannondale is a better all around bike but the RS sprints better. i would get the Cannondale just my opinion.
and by the way i have a Cervelo RS

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will ride both before I buy. I found a shop that will let me rent the Cannondale, but still looking to where I can rent the RS. I will try them each for 40 mile rides and see which one I like better. On another note, I have some friends that are professional riders who are giving me the push I need to get better. One of the guys I rode with spent 10 days in Croatia last year and covered 1000 miles. I doubt I will reach his level, but it is great to ride with better riders to give you the extra push.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Wow, you've been riding 60 miles on a Schwinn hybrid??? Almost any road bike will feel better at that distance (as long as it's properly fit). Welcome to the board.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts