Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Paved Trail Enthusiast
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a really cool place to bicycle. It looks like the State of Florida isn't going to spend any money on this bridge, so I wanted to get here before they probably close it down in the near future. Word is it's sagging in places. Only people and bicycles are allowed on it. This is a 2.04 mile ride one way. See more of my photos at: Trail View Mount | A Bicycle Camera Mount

Attachments

·
American Expatriate
248 Posts
What a waste of a great bridge if they tear it down or let it rot away.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
here's one where you can see both the old bridge to pigeon key and the new (car) bridge to make it to points south. Just went from Key Largo To Key West. If You look close I have my elbow do a cameo. You can see it in the mirror at the bottom of the photo. had I seen that I would have done the face shot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
They should do something with the old bridge but, I doubt that they will ever connect it again. going over the "new" bridge can be a little hairy. Look close at how low that cement barrier is. If you were to hit a rock, or just get pushed toward that side. I really think you could go over. you have to ride that seven miles with your serious face on...[

1 - 7 of 7 Posts