Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got the Sunray and finally decided to change the rear tire. Went from a 1.5 inch with a top pressure of about 60 I think it was, to a slick 1 1/4 with a 100 psi max pressure. The Sunray is fairly simple to work on, but getting the rear wheel off is a bit of a pain because 1. I don't have a work stand and 2. the rack and panniers seem to get in the way. Yet I got the tire changed fairly quickly. Then I realized a different tire meant different measurements for the wheel so I reconfigured the computer.

The pastor was smart to lead me on by letting me feel how much easier it was to ride, and I am coming off an ankle sprain so it felt good to be back on the bike. Then I look down and I am going 22mph and really not working that hard. The quick devotional left me feeling really good till it hit me. I changed out the size of the rear wheel, but the speed sensor is on the front wheel which I didn't change. When you set a 26 inch wheel size on a 20 inch wheel, you are flying.

Resetting the computer to the right wheel size returned my speed to a more normal speed, but it was still easier and faster than the old tire. The second half of the devotional, the pastor had no qualms at all about laughing at me, and got on to me for the few choice words said while resetting the computer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts