Bike Church

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Nigal, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Nigal

Nigal YAY BAIKS! Tavern Member

Bike Church Services for 3/21/10

Length of services: 50.38 miles (3:26),
    Presiding clergy: Me,
    Attendance: Me,
    Tithes: 0 (Bike Church is free!),
    Today's sermon: Quiet contemplation of The Creator, His universe, how I fit in that universe and life in general,
    Temple Improvement project: 4095 calories buned
    Today's hymns: complete Pink Floyd catalog...

"Far away across the field,
    The tolling of the iron bell ,
    Calls the faithful to their bikes,
    To hear the softly spoken magic spells"”

2. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Very nice ! What will next Sundays sermon and hymns be? I'm kinda like'n the tithe too :)

3. Nigal

I'm thinking the sermon will be "Across the universe" and the hymns will be the complete Beatles collection.

Namaste!

4. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

You had me at "bike church is free"....

5. fleeter

fleeter The Bearded Wonder

I tried to convince my wife of bike church... she wouldn't have it.

6. turtlewoman

turtlewoman New Member

I've been looking for a church home. Bike church sounds like the place for me.:love:

7. fleeter

you should now change your avatar's title to Bike Church Pastor.
    Do you take confessions?:D

8. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I hope not but I'm sending it to him in a pm anyway.

Good Idea. My bike church offers communion in the form of Five Hour Energy and Dried Fruit.

Hallelujah!

9. Nigal

The great thing about Bike Church is it's all yours. My holy sacraments yesterday were chocolate almond butter sandwich and a gallon of water.

Seriously though I do find my longer rides to be much more cathartic than any church I ever went to. There is no problem in life that can not be worked out from atop a bike.

10. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Maybe. I still like to do my thinking when I don't feel my heart exploding, but to each his own.

11. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

As long as your only feeling your heart explode, your ok.....its when you see it explode that your in real trouble!!!

12. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

The conversation in your head would definitely be funny though if it did happen.

Looking down and sees heart explode out of chest in a big red spray.

My thoughts: Dang that was cool, oh dude now you got blood and heart all over the bike, you know how long that is going to take to clean up, but it was cool to see. I can't believe my shirt didn't contain it, sort of like alien just blew right through my shirt. OH man that was my Def Leppard shirt it is probably ruined now! Wow exploded heart, I bet it is going to take me twice as long now to ride home with an exploded heart. I better turn around now so the wife doesn't start to worry. Nah, I will just call her in a minute and tell her I will be late. That was pretty awesome to see. I wish I would have thought about it and recorded a video of it on my phone. That would probably go viral on youtube. HMMMM maybe I can get it to explode like that again tomorrow and bring my camera and be ready for it.

13. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Grape.....when you put it that way, it does sound pretty funny!

14. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

I'm playing hookey from work today. I'll be attending the church of the rotating mass in about 2 hours.:)

15. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Lucky you. I'm due in at 6 pm. Have to get ready for the weekend. I choose Mondays as my sabbath.

16. fleeter

I'll be home at 4:30 today... still enough daylight for a 25 miler.

17. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I work mainly nights. I'm sure you all have noticed that, due to the excessive day time posting.

18. fleeter

I thought you were just a slacker at work like me:p

19. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Ahhhhhhh, that was sweet! Rode for almost 2 hours non stop except for one natural brake. The best thing of all is that my Dogfish Head jersey fits again!

20. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Nope quite the opposite. I screw around on my down time but that's the wonder of being a salaried manager.My boss will ask "What are you doing?"
    My response? Posting on TwoSpoke, Reddit, whatever hey come check this out."

"Sweet."

I had a guy complain to my boss once that I screwed around to much. He told him if he wanted to work 45 hours in three days he could start scheduling him but that he would still have to come in the rest of the week and maintain operations like I do. I think the guy didn't think about it but, Fridays I work noon to 11:30 Saturday I work 9am to 11:30 pm, same on Sunday. The rest of the week I schedule my days off around requested days of for the hourly employees. I stay on my feet for most of it too. That's why you'll hardly ever catch a post of mine after five. I'm in the Kitchen.