Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new bike tire pump.
One to inflate my tires to 105 psi.
I was useing an electric air compressor, one of those little combo compressor, jump starter things. Burned it up.
The frame pump is a lot of work and has no gauge.

I need a floor pump.

What is a good inexpensive floor pump?

I have been reading reviews on a few cheap ones, and length of life seems to be an issue.

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
After I blew up my $90 park floor pump after maybe a year I picked up a $30 avenir one that's still going strong in it's 3rd year. If I had to buy another one I might give a specialized pump a try. We're using one in the shop now and so far it's holding up. More than I can say for the bontrager pumps.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
After a year and a half of use, I'm still super happy with my Lezyne. I use it nearly everyday and not one problem yet. Even my local Specialized shop is using them (and they are one of the shops that originally recommended this brand to me even though it meant they weren't going to make a sale on one of their brands because they don't carry Lezyne).

http://www.twospoke.com/forum/f82/new-pump-2027/

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Chainlove currently has a Cutter Fuse Floor Pump on sale for $35. They list retail as $98.95. The product switches in 25 minutes which is about 8:40 CST. However, the products seem to cycle through a few times per day. I have no experience with this pump, but it looks decent. Reviews are at the bottom of the page.

Chainlove.com: Cutter Fuse Floor Pump - $34.99 - 65% off

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Pumping by hand is an emergency for an old geezer like me. When at home, I am like most guys. NEVER use a hand tool when the power tool is available. Rule number 2. The bigger the power tool, usually the better. MORE POWER. grin

Now if it happens on the road, that's different. First is if its a total flat, then that's why I carry a tube and a CO2 inflator. No pumping grin. If its just low, well I'll just ride it out more often than not till I get to a compressor. If I do hand pump, gray hair has advantages. When someone sees a gray haired Fred stuck side of the road, someone usually stops and offers to help.

Long climbs are best done with me holding the tow rope tied to a bike with an engine far more powerful than mine. Mine is way past its prime, needs special additives and decides to quit for a while with no notice. ;-)

You ever finish the bike build???

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,562 Posts
After a year and a half of use, I'm still super happy with my Lezyne. I use it nearly everyday and not one problem yet. Even my local Specialized shop is using them (and they are one of the shops that originally recommended this brand to me even though it meant they weren't going to make a sale on one of their brands because they don't carry Lezyne).

http://www.twospoke.com/forum/f82/new-pump-2027/
+1 on anything Lezyne. My Raleigh came with a small Lezyne frame pump and it is the first and only frame pump that's been worth a crap. I have a PArk Tool floor pump that has been great for a couple years but when it pukes I'm getting a Lezyne.

·
Jay
35 Posts
I picked up a Planet Bike pump from my LGS about ten years ago. I replaced the head twice and got a new piston gasket when it started losing pressure but discovered a little grease sealed it up fine. Been so long I forgot what I paid for it. I also got a Nashbar pump a couple years ago to keep in the car and it works just fine, I believe it was on sale for $20. I have an old Master Blaster frame pump that has a fold out handle and footpeg which makes road repairs a little easier.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I have a Zeffel that I picked up at Walmart around $20 I like it better than my Park Tool pump. I run 130# in the Fuji and have no trubble geting it to 130#. It is going on 2 years I have bin useing it by now thay may not sell that brand.

My .02

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Actually for me they really are not my first choice anymore, but not for the power. I just don't see as well as I used to after 8 eye surgeries. I'll take all the help I can get. I still have manual focus lenses. I still use them from time to time, but technology is your friend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts