Bike forums?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Roadster, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Roadster

Roadster New Member

I'm looking to participate in an active biking forum. Is Two Spoke really an active forum? It looks like there are a lot of old posts on page 1.

Can anyone recommend a really active general biking forum? I'm interested in hybrid bikes, bike specs, touring, fitness riding, etc.

Thanks!

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Most forums get slower during the summer months, as more people are out riding, rather than being online. July is also vacation month for a lot of folks, hence the lack of posting.

3. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

Check out my other hangout, the link is in my sig.

4. Industry_Hack

Dude, if he's looking for Bike Forums, and can't find a site with Google...

5. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

Or Bing, or any of the others... :rolleyes:

6. Nigal

Nigal YAY BAIKS! Tavern Member

Bike Forums

It's almost TOO big and TOO active. I generally check the commuter and utility sections. I find there to be a lot more snobs there though.

7. Industry_Hack

It's also owned by Carsdirect.

8. Nigal

OMG! That's like Burger King owning PETA!

9. SUX VR40 Rider

SUX VR40 Rider New Member

You mean the online auto dealership, carsdirect.com?

10. SUX VR40 Rider

You have no idea. You should see the snobbery in the VC forum. the member who shall not be named has a lot to be desired.

11. Nigal

LOL! Is his name a number?

"That can't possibly be a Clubman! The straight tube has a 2% slope to it. Cheap copy of an origin!"

The height of ******baggery! HAHA!

12. Industry_Hack

Is there another Carsdirect?

13. Nigal

And for the complete masochist bikers there's always the Bike Fo on Craig's List. It's actually quite amusing.

14. SUX VR40 Rider

No his name does not have a number, at least the last time I looked it didn't. I'm not even sure if he activley participates. I will tell you this. He is an author and at one time wanted to be director of the League of American Bicyclists. He constantly puts down how other people choose to ride and thinks his way is the only way to ride on the public streets. His way may work for his environment, but it does not apply to other areas. He is against bike lanes and trails and puts people down for using them. He wanted to be director of the LAB to change and mold it into what he thinks it should be. Had he bene elected he would have alienated most of the members. At the time I was a member and the voting was left to the membership. I did not vote for him because I was not familiar with him, but I did not know until later who he was and what he is truly about. Thankfully not many others voted for him either.

He and I used to get into debates over how to properly ride bike on public roadways. I prefer a method I call Adaptive Cycling, which he hates because he thinks his vc style is the best way to ride.

I used to have a copy of his book and even though it is really preachy I thought it had some good advicem until I read what he posts on his web site and until i got to know how he really feels through the debates we had on bikeforums.net. I used the book he wrote as starter fuel to light the briquets in my charcoal grill and emailed him photo's of me placing it in the grill, pouring lighter fluid on it, lighting it and with it burning. Oh and the book was about $60.00, the most expensive fuel I ever used.

Darn it! Now you got me started! Sorry, I'll step off my soap box now.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  15. Industry_Hack

John? Yeah, he's a tool.

16. Roadster

Roadster New Member

Nigal, for some reason I have a really hard time downloading Bike Forums. Any idea why?

17. Industry_Hack

Downloading?

18. Roadster

Roadster New Member

Problem solved. It was very slow yesterday but worked better today. Just meant "opening," not downloading.

19. Industry_Hack

The parent company has revenue in the tens of millions of dollars, but they don't spend any on hardware.

20. camilo

camilo New Member