Bike Guard Alarm

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by cowboycharlie, Nov 19, 2009.

1. cowboycharlie

cowboycharlie New Member

Anyone own/bought/installed a bike guard alarm. Seen them advertised before but always thought it looked almost like a joke.

2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I've seen them but I don't know how useful they are. It seems that it would only go off after the bike is free then all they have to do is ride off.

3. cowboycharlie

cowboycharlie New Member

Where does it attach to and what sets them off?

4. Jake

Jake Guest

I got one for Christmas and I like it. It's loud and you can adjust the sensitivity to make it to where it won't constantly go off.

I live in a not so great part of town so I was glad to get this. My only question is what makes it tamper resistant? I'm to afraid to mess with it but it seems like if you knew what you were doing you could quickly remove it.

5. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

When I was designing these Automated Handlebar End Lights I considered wiring the 'flash' from a disposable camera to a set of bare metal handlebars as a sort of "anti-theft tazer" but ultimately decided against it.

6. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I was given some laptop alarms that have a small retractable cable. I used to attach one to each bike. Move the bike, and an annoying alarm goes off. I have one or two floating around, if anyone has the desire to tinker.

7. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

How does it attach? Happen to have a link to where one could buy it?

8. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Aside from the liability of some one accidentally shocking themselves what would be the reality of setting up a electrical shock system for a bike?