Bike Harassment?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by saladspokes, Sep 22, 2009.

1. saladspokes

saladspokes Guest

Has anyone been harassed while on their bike, etc? I have been chased by an insane homeless man giving a speech to a set of poles in a parking lot after I drove past him, chased by people in a car with a bb gun, etc... Had people call names once but I rode really fast at them while they were at the stop sign and they freaked out and drove away

2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Do you live in Austin? You get used to it.

3. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Haven't had that misfortune, I did get honked at by a cabbie in Reno yesterday, but I think he was just letting me know he was there and comin by me. I'm pretty lucky to have avoided this kind of behavior I guess, at least up until now.

DrB

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  4. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I've only once had a car harass me once and it was drunk people.

5. Gomez

Gomez Member

Homeless folks mainly in the Santa Clarita area of Ca, asking for beer money, I gave'em a fin as it was for a good cause. Another time a car of youths yelled and screamed GO LANCE!, that was funny, but the can tossed out the window narrowly missing me was not as funny.

6. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Once had an egg thrown at me and striking me on the thigh from a car going in the opposite direction ...oh boy it really did sting...

7. Tarukai

Tarukai SMILEY CAR

please tell me you got the car info and plate, and then called the cops on them.

that's straight up illegal, I believe. and if not outright, it is because it's harrassment and possibly assault, so you could've gotten them in serious trouble.

8. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Any body see the new It's always sunny in Philadelphia. Mac fires a warning shot accross a bikers bow. Hysterical but glad it's never happened to me! The guy ends up biting it pretty hard!