Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been using my bike a lot lately and iv noticed that I can feel it vibrating when I'm riding. at first I assumed it was just from going over bumps. but then I was feeling it on smooth roads. today I walked my bike and I could definitely feel and see it vibrating. The entire bike vibrate but I think its coming from the back end around the back tire.

just a heads up I did take apart my tires and the inside of the wheels and ball bearings to clean it out but I put everything back together nicely. The tires even spin smoothly when you spin the tire in the free air. another thing to mention is the fact that my front tire says its 16 X 2.1 and the back tire is 16 X 1.95. so I guess there different sizes. I ended up changing the tires after I blew one and the original back tire was moved to the front and the new tire went to the back. the tires themselves are on there snug and I recently checked this to make sure, but not sure why it vibrates and if it could turn into a bigger problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Industry_Hack said:
What kind of bike?
its a trek 820 and 21 speed. iv had it for probably 10 years and its a SOLID bike! nothing has broken on it ever other than the tire but blame a thorn bush for that.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Ok, so you have 26" wheels, not 16". That makes more sense now. Should be a steel frame, so unlikely to have cracked. Check to see if the wheel wiggles within the dropouts, and look to see if it's making contact with anything as it spins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts