Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on vacation, I spotted this awesome bike lane. Nicely paved, wide enough for passing other bikers, a yellow center line, curves thrown in for good measure, beautiful scenery and decent space between vehicular traffic.
This lane went on for what seemed like miles near Jackson Hole, WY.
I saw all types of bikes and all age groups using the lanes.
Here are a couple pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
There's a similar one in NW Illinois, where I'm headed. Runs along the IL 84 and Mississippi and has some really nice scenery. I am going to try and ride it but I have do do some traveling to get to it. I think the length of the trail is close to fifty miles.

·
Two skinny J's
21,204 Posts
If you let the pictures scroll at the top of this page you will see the Cap2Cap trail. When it is complete it will be 50+- miles. The parts that are complete are so used they already need to expand another 2 lanes for traffic :D Complete with bridges, tree lined pathways make for a perfect ride. My wife and I have started several times at the Jamestown Settlementhttp://www.historyisfun.org/Jamestown-Settlement.htm and ridden up RT5 Green Springs to Chickahominy Riverfront Park

I do see these projects as wasted money but a huge investment in the community

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Dos, that looks like an awesome place to ride! Rola, you also have some great looking trails up your way! I know my wife and I would love to come up and do the historical tours around Jamestown. With the bikes would be a real treat!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
We are lucky to have an extensive network of nice bike paths in the DC area, including the scenic Rock Creek Trail and the 44mi long W&OD trail. None with views of the Grand Tetons though! Jackson, Wyoming is in a league if it's own. :thumbsup:

A lot of the bike trails in Jackson are groomed for cross country skiing during the winter.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You folks are truly blessed to have nice, cared for trails to ride. For me, just seeing these was an experience.
I love to travel, and the only bike lanes I have ever seen, were those painted onto the already existing burn :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts