Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though not much of a bike mechanic, I do have Park's Big Blue Book of Bicycle Maintenance. If you want to ask me any specific questions about maintenance and want to try "doing it yourself", PM me or post to this thread and I'd be glad to look it up and type up the answer.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Though not much of a bike mechanic, I do have Park's Big Blue Book of Bicycle Maintenance. If you want to ask me any specific questions about maintenance and want to try "doing it yourself", PM me or post to this thread and I'd be glad to look it up and type up the answer.
Park Tools also has a very nice website with a repair help section.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Those books seem to get outdated pretty quick in my opinion. Good for the basic stuff but if your gonna get into techinical stuff (shox and fork rebuilds, etc) they aren't that great in my mind. I am sure if someone has a question someone on here can answer it though, or at least try anyway :)

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
You really need a dose of experience before you tackle a fork/shock rebuild, anyway, so these manuals won't cover all that. Also, with the great disparity in fork design (innards), the book would be as big as the average teacher's desk to include everything.

Park's manual is as good as it gets right now.

Xela, got ur back, dude! Not too much I need to look up, either!

·
Cycling for life
211 Posts
Thats a great offer. As a beginer I am still working on the basic understanding of the terms. I just had a tune up done and they rebuilt the "head" I know what that is now. They also did some work on the "bottom". What exactly is that? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are there varying sizes of crank inner gears for typical bmx's? I always thought I could just take one crank, pop out another bike's and put the new crank in usually

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
The bottom bracket is the first thing I change before I bring a bike home.

Think I put/have put in a Red Bull or something like that Red something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts