Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I participated in a bike move today. A lot of bicyclists joined forces to move a couple's household about a mile down the road. The family has a lot of friends and not much stuff, so it was done in less than three hours. :)

A carbon bike with aero bars can be used to transport furniture!

I put a hitch on Anthony's bike and people took turns hauling my big trailer while I pulled the little one and took pictures.

Anthony, whose stuff we moved is the head mechanic at Proteus Bikes.

After we were done, I carried my two trailers and a third back to the shop.

The bike shop owner gave me a beer mug for helping out. Don't tell anyone. I think I was the only one to get a mug for showing up.

·
Two skinny J's
21,434 Posts
I think I might helped for a mug of that :D

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't get the Doghead, you get an empty mug if you are the owner of the means of production. I don't know what they would have done without my trailer.

New Belgium brews were on offer after the move. :thumbsup: The weather was threatening, so I left after only one. I got a free mug but I treated myself to the Doghead. I would have bought Fat Tire but Town Hall only had it in twelve packs which was more beer than I wanted to buy. :)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Speaking of dogs.

Great Danes helped.

Anthony built his dog a trailer, but the cur refused to earn his kibble. He travelled in an oversized messenger bag.

A girl whose bike was not equipped to carry or haul pulled the (short) distance twice. I don't think any bikes made more than four trips and she pulled bigger loads than a lot of the bikes.

Strength in numbers. Many came with only a rear rack, wanting to help. A lot of milk crates full of books made the trip one at a time.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Q, hats off to you and your cohorts this is one of the most awesome stories to date..... This really is the "next Level":cool:

·
1,200 Posts
that is awesome, nothing better than community and working together!! FYI i'm gonna throw it out there QMSDC you and your bike are Workhorses!!!!!!

·
600 Posts
Great pics & a neat idea! I would participate in something like that. I love the pic of the dog, his wide stance is funny. :D

·
Registered
823 Posts
That is awesome! What a fun way to move! :D

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the positive replies!
Great job! But I don't understand this comment.
Those are some the coolest pictures I have seen today.
Q, hats off to you and your cohorts this is one of the most awesome stories to date..... This really is the "next Level":cool:
that is awesome, nothing better than community and working together!! FYI i'm gonna throw it out there QMSDC you and your bike are Workhorses!!!!!!
Great pics & a neat idea! I would participate in something like that. I love the pic of the dog, his wide stance is funny. :D
That is awesome! What a fun way to move! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts