Bike Names

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by michaelangelo, Jun 24, 2009.

1. michaelangelo

michaelangelo Guest

Anyone else out there name their bikes? My Schwinn's name is Gretta and I have a project trek named Jimmy Jam.

2. jeepwithnoname

jeepwithnoname New Member

Ya know... that's funny. I have named just about everything in my life from my Jeep (aka: Jeep With No Name) to my tools... but aside from the home appliances and various house plants I have never named my bike. I will ponder this on my next ride. Thanks for putting another wrinkle in my brain.

3. riderman14

riderman14 Guest

i call my road bike my"Ferrari" and my MTB my "Humm-vee"! does that count as names?ride on

4. SUX VR40 Rider

SUX VR40 Rider New Member

I call mine the Mule and she is female in gender. I comute to/from work on her and she has to haul my fat butt, my saddelbags packed with clothing, the over seat bag and water pack. I also use her to run errands and do shopping on. I have hauled cans and bottles to the can redemption center, recyclables to the drop site in my city, ran errands to The Home Depot, Menards, Wal-Mart, a store called Bomgaars, Petco, and the grocery store. I have folding baskets I attach to the rear rack with cable ties when I run errands.

5. Xterrain

Xterrain New Member

Norco Rampage is named Heather for the stiff rear ended super hottie I used to bang in high school. Iron Horse 7Point is named Erica for the big titty super hot ultra slut I used to toss around with my early years of college. These names are strictly in my head so mums the word or my current sheila might catch on...

6. Angelica

Angelica Guest

My main rider's name is Harry.

7. bantam700

bantam700 New Member

My road bike is named Vera and my mountain bike is named Pepe.

8. kyoseki

kyoseki New Member

"road bike" "trail bike" and "street bike".

Imaginative huh? :)

9. Yamez

Yamez Guest

Pepe, I like it! Angelica, I used to have a bike named Harriet! They could have been bike lovers! My Tarmac's name is Trudy.

10. runbikeswim

runbikeswim New Member

Of course! Everybody in my family does. My brother has "The Grey Ghost", my wife's is "The Red Winged Blackbird" (she loves birds), mine is "The Red Rocket". (If you get the joke, you get it... if not, I'm not really going to explain it here). I went to purelycustom.com and bought everybody custom headset caps with the bike names on them. Makes for a cool gift!

11. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

I like the Name, What kind of bike it is, it sounds more like a truck

If I were to name mine it would be Swamper , as I live down here in the swamp

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  12. bikingbeau

bikingbeau Guest

My Jamis Aurora I just call Aurora. I like that name. I call my Cannondale Six13 Lucy, she's red.