Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried for months for these guys to unsubscribe me from their daily emails. Conversed several times with customer support agents who have all told me that I will be removed from their email list. But I still get daily emails clogging up my inbox.

·
Registered
625 Posts
One email clogs your inbox? You've got a real small inbox.

·
one eyed member
124 Posts
I have tried for months for these guys to unsubscribe me from their daily emails. Conversed several times with customer support agents who have all told me that I will be removed from their email list. But I still get daily emails clogging up my inbox.
When the email comes in,"check it"and mark it as spam,at least all of their emails will go to your spam folder,and not your inbox...

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'll try that. I have hit the unsubscribe link more times than I can count in the past 6 months. Anyone else subscribe to Nashbar email try to unsubscribe and see if it works. Report back in a week.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,542 Posts
I've been wondering if bikeTrashbar and Performance are related cause they both hit the in box about the same time.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,542 Posts
They have stuff to cover the whole spectrum and most of it's as good as anyone else has. Some of their Nashbar brand stuff could be called under par but the price is usually right on for what ya get.

·
Registered
29 Posts
...if bikeTrashbar and Performance are related...
I believe they are owned by the same company.

I became aware of this when Performance honored a 20% discount on a Garmin 705 that Nashbar was running.

I like to support the LBS but can't always afford the higher prices. One can find decent items if you watch what you're buying. I wouldn't expect the same quality from a house brand as compared to a name brand.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,542 Posts
I believe they are owned by the same company.

I became aware of this when Performance honored a 20% discount on a Garmin 705 that Nashbar was running.

I like to support the LBS but can't always afford the higher prices. One can find decent items if you watch what you're buying. I wouldn't expect the same quality from a house brand as compared to a name brand.
I've bought some of Performance's Forte` stuff and it seems to be pretty good. I even bought a road wheel that I found to be actually better the Mavic that came on the bike.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes Poorformance and Gnashbar are owned by the same company. I haven't used Gnashbar since they gave my credit card number to hackers and then didn't bother telling me for 6 months while they 'investigated.' I still get all of their catalogs, though.

Dealing with the emails is easy. Set up a filter so that anything coming from them automatically gets deleted.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Depending on the type of email service and client you use you may be able to tag/flag the emails you do not want as junk, phishing scam, etc.

When I receive an email that I do not want and did not ask for and especially one from a source where I did not give my email address to I always unsubscribe if given the option and I use the phishing scam feature or junk mail feature from my email service/client. This usually solves the problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts