Bike Seat Covers.

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by funetical, Nov 19, 2009.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I'm looking into bike seat covers. I thought I needed to replace my saddle but I think this would be just as good. Does any body have any opinion on any bike seat covers or manufacturers? The ones I've seen are neoprene. Are there any other materials?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  2. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

I don't recommend them; the ones I've seen and dealt with rarely stay in place under use, and 'travel' under you, causing their effect to be reduced -- or even eliminated, sometimes.

You'd be better off to just 'suck it up' and buy a new saddle.

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I'm sorry to hear that.

4. gatorguy

gatorguy New Member

I have a Bell gel cover that I bought due to butt pain on a hybrid I purchased. It was comfortable enough and stayed in place for me, but it didn't overcome the saddle problems. I bought a different saddle and had no more need for the cover.

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

But you found it a good use of your time and money?

6. gatorguy

gatorguy New Member

I found that it was a waste of money from the standpoint of I should have gotten a seat that fit better in the first place.

The cover itself worked fine. The longest ride I did with it was about 40 miles and I can't say that I came away with anything negative to say about the cover itself, it just didn't make up for a ill-fitting saddle.