Bike selling questions

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by cbman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. cbman

cbman gnar! gnar! gnar!

Ok, so I think I'm going to sell my Raleigh sports bike. I have all ready posted pictures up in a different thread but I will link them to this thread as well. First question is: how much would you pay for this bike? My second question: If I sold it on Ebay, how would I go about shipping it? The average Raleigh sports bike goes for around $150 or so on Ebay so... yep. :cool: Oh, I'll try to get info off the bike as well, and take some more pictures.

Raleigh - a set on Flickr

2. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

$150.00 seems about right. Personally, I'd have a hard time selling any bike for that little. I'd hang on to it, especially since it has horizontal drop outs, which makes it easily singlespeedable..

Fed Ex it the cheapest way to ship a bike. You're lookin' at around $50 bucks or so to ship to anywhere in the 48. If you are going the ebay route, check with your LBS and see what they would charge to pack the bike for shipping and then include that in your shipping charge. UPS is better and more reliable, but costs more.

You might want to post it on Craig's list first. It's free and you are much more likely to sell it locally and avoid the shipping hassle.

3. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

I'm with HH. Unless you need the money, that bike looks awesome [although your photo gallery was missing some key 'wide' shots] and I say you should keep it! Does the 3-speed work okay? I'd ride the heck out of that thing. Cruisers are awesome!

4. cbman

cbman gnar! gnar! gnar!

AHHH! Ok, well once again I've been talked out of selling the bike. I do love cruising on it.

5. craisin

craisin New Member

nice bike:thumbsup:

6. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Funny how easy that happens.