Bike Stand / Rack?

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by Skidmark, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Cycling for life

Being nubes to road bikes we did not realize that CF bikes could not have a kick stand. I want to buy or build a bike stand for two bikes. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I just cant see leaning a nice bike like that against the wall.

2. dcswan

dcswan New Member

Well, you can buy something like this or build something like this. For the self made stands there are more at instructables.com Hope this helps out some, if not sorry.

3. Skidmark

Thanks, thats great info.

4. fleeter

fleeter The Bearded Wonder

I built one of these for my bike... DIY Home Bicycle Repair Stand
    I think you would be able to make it work for two bikes... one above the other.

5. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

In the generial section there is a photo of one I made for 3 bikes, out of 3/4 pvc pipe I might have $15 in it. see bike rack

6. Mike1jw

Mike1jw Member

PLEASE, don't stand it up against a wall! It cost a Comcast repairman $1400 to replace the frame on my 2 month old Giant

Attached Files:

7. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Here is a link to the write up I made for the Bike rack I made a while back. There is a picture of the design I took my idea from in the post so you can see how it can be expanded to hold multiple bikes. I also included the measurements of all the parts. I has worked very well for me.

http://www.twospoke.com/forum/f6/bike-rack-3531/

8. Skidmark

Mike, those are sad pictures. I just picked up my first road bike this afternoon. I would be crushed if that happend.

Grape, That is fantastic, thanks much for the dimensions.

9. dcswan

dcswan New Member

Sleek looking rack, that looks like it works real well. I can see a project sometime in the future!