Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cycling for life
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being nubes to road bikes we did not realize that CF bikes could not have a kick stand. I want to buy or build a bike stand for two bikes. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I just cant see leaning a nice bike like that against the wall.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well, you can buy something like this or build something like this. For the self made stands there are more at instructables.com Hope this helps out some, if not sorry.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
In the generial section there is a photo of one I made for 3 bikes, out of 3/4 pvc pipe I might have $15 in it. see bike rack

·
Registered
156 Posts
Being nubes to road bikes we did not realize that CF bikes could not have a kick stand. I want to buy or build a bike stand for two bikes. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I just cant see leaning a nice bike like that against the wall.
PLEASE, don't stand it up against a wall! It cost a Comcast repairman $1400 to replace the frame on my 2 month old Giant

Attachments

·
Younger than Hack
746 Posts
Here is a link to the write up I made for the Bike rack I made a while back. There is a picture of the design I took my idea from in the post so you can see how it can be expanded to hold multiple bikes. I also included the measurements of all the parts. I has worked very well for me.

http://www.twospoke.com/forum/f6/bike-rack-3531/

·
Cycling for life
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike, those are sad pictures. I just picked up my first road bike this afternoon. I would be crushed if that happend.

Grape, That is fantastic, thanks much for the dimensions.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here is a link to the write up I made for the Bike rack I made a while back. There is a picture of the design I took my idea from in the post so you can see how it can be expanded to hold multiple bikes. I also included the measurements of all the parts. I has worked very well for me.

http://www.twospoke.com/forum/f6/bike-rack-3531/
Sleek looking rack, that looks like it works real well. I can see a project sometime in the future!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts