Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok or not to have your bike clamped into the bike stand for extended periods of time? I have a bike project going for about a month and wondered if I need to take it off the stand when I'm not working on it. It is clamped onto the seatpost. Thanks.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Is it ok or not to have your bike clamped into the bike stand for extended periods of time? I have a bike project going for about a month and wondered if I need to take it off the stand when I'm not working on it. It is clamped onto the seatpost. Thanks.
How stable is your workstand?

·
Registered
461 Posts
lmao... no stress involved. just chillin in the stand. no probs!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't over force the clamp if you're using a carbon fiber seat post. Other than that, the forces of a bike sitting there clamped to the stand are a lot less than your body weight sitting on it going fast over a rough road.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Very. Not worried about that. Wondered if I'm stressing the bike tubes by keeping it suspended by the seatpost.
A friend of mine has at least one of his bikes stored in his workstand. And I have also (if I remember correctly) have used my workstand to store my bike.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've started to worry about my bikes that I have hung up by the front wheel for months. Any thoughts, guys/gals?
Thanks,
billnuke1

·
Registered
461 Posts
lol no worries, those wheels aint gonna bend anytime sooon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts