Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spring 2011 Cycling in Flanders Bike Event: Register Now

May 30 to June 5, 2011, Cycling in Flanders presents their Spring 2011 bike event in partnership with Santini and Eddy Merckx Cycles. The 7 day, approximately 500 km event hosted in Belgium will traverse famous biking Classics across 4 countries. The no hassle event includes the use of an Eddy Merckx EMX-3 bike, a complete set of Santini apparel, 6 nights lodging in 4-star hotels, meals, snacks and drinks during rides, bike cleaning and mechanic, and laundry service. Registration and complete event information is available at the website Cycling in Flanders. Registration deadline is March 31, 2011.

For more information, email [email protected] or call +32487022071.

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
For me personally it's not interest, it's more money and then time but more so money :) Spent 6 years-2 years in Bundesrepublik Deutschland and 4 years in the Nederlands, where my daughter was born. At the time I was more interested in moto-cross.

·
Registered
2 Posts
guys I have just got back from riding stages 2 3 and 4 of the 2010 tour de france. incredible. 2 was from rotterdam to brussels, 3 was through the hills to Spa and 4 was across the cobbles PAVE in to france the same pave as they use in the Roubiax fab time and would recommend it to anyone

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guys I have just got back from riding stages 2 3 and 4 of the 2010 tour de france. incredible. 2 was from rotterdam to brussels, 3 was through the hills to Spa and 4 was across the cobbles PAVE in to france the same pave as they use in the Roubiax fab time and would recommend it to anyone
Hello Garybills!
I'm sure it was a great experience!
Did you do it on your own?

·
Registered
2 Posts
No we did it as a team of 8, theat became 7 after a nasty crash on the first day. Shame because the guy who crashed badly had done all the arranging and is the strongest cyclist as well. still a great 3 days of riding. Day 2 was so tough but great. Day one could be avoided though as the route is not easy to follow (cycing in Holland is difficult if you are on the 'road' and in most cases not permitted)

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,507 Posts
I'd like to do the Eurovelo6 some day. Money and time is the hard part.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cycling in Belgium and the Netherlands

Apparently it's not that easy to convince Americans to come over to Belgium (or the Netherlands) for some cycling. But what can we do more?
We have bikelanes everywhere.
We have nice small roads, part of a signposted cycle node network.
BELGIUM CYCLE ROUTE PLANNER
NETHERLANDS CYCLE ROUTE PLANNER
Or you can go for the signposted long distance cycle routes LF1 (along the Northsea, LF2 (Amsterdam-Rotterdam-Antwerp-Brussels), LF3, ...
In every city you can rent bicycles for several days. Some shops do also rent helmets, panniers, electric bicycles, ...
Most of the Netherlands and Flanders (Belgium) is flat.
We have dozens of canals, rivers and old railway tracks where you can cycle without worrying about motorized traffic.
http://www.bikely.com/listpaths/by/fietslogies
And if money is the problem ;-) cyclists can spend the night and get a decent breakfast with the hosts of 'Vrienden op de Fiets', paying a little 19 euro pp.
Stichting VRIENDEN OP DE FIETS
So my question remains. What can we do more???

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Apparently it's not that easy to convince Americans to come over to Belgium (or the Netherlands) for some cycling. But what can we do more?
We have bikelanes everywhere.
We have nice small roads, part of a signposted cycle node network.
BELGIUM CYCLE ROUTE PLANNER
NETHERLANDS CYCLE ROUTE PLANNER
Or you can go for the signposted long distance cycle routes LF1 (along the Northsea, LF2 (Amsterdam-Rotterdam-Antwerp-Brussels), LF3, ...
In every city you can rent bicycles for several days. Some shops do also rent helmets, panniers, electric bicycles, ...
Most of the Netherlands and Flanders (Belgium) is flat.
We have dozens of canals, rivers and old railway tracks where you can cycle without worrying about motorized traffic.
Bicycle Trails submitted by fietslogies at Bikely.com
And if money is the problem ;-) cyclists can spend the night and get a decent breakfast with the hosts of 'Vrienden op de Fiets', paying a little 19 euro pp.
Stichting VRIENDEN OP DE FIETS
So my question remains. What can we do more???
Do you think it might have something to do with time and money and not the lack of desire?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts