Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from Bike Virginia and thought some of you here might be interested in how it went. My wife, her brother (and my best friend) and a couple from our neighbor did it together and had a great time. Wife and I did 288 miles and almost 11,000 feet of climbing. For us the best part of Bike Virginia was the camaraderie, being out there in beautiful country with 1,600 other like minded individuals.
People of all sizes, abilities and ages on all types of different equipment, people who took the time and spent money to test themselves while being rewarded with beautiful vistas and a sense of accomplishment. To enjoy rolling into the rest stops after a very long and difficult climb and chatting with the local volunteers about their hometown or listening to local bluegrass musicians while chowing down PB&J’s. Being able to set down next to strangers at the lunch stop and have great conversations due to our shared interests and experiences.
It’s also about the solitude as you ride your own ride and each of us experiences it differently. One becomes more that a cyclist on a bike on a road, you are cyclistbikeandroad, immersed and part of all that surrounds you. Earning your way by your own honest effort.
On a bike tour your only responsibility is to ride your bike, no job demands or house honeydo’s lay ahead, just the open road.

Attached are a few random pics I managed while riding, hope you enjoy and forgive my ramblings.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Excellent! That looks like a lot of fun.:thumbsup:

·
Two skinny J's
21,584 Posts
MAN! I gota get that on the schedule for next year. That looks and sounds totally awesome...climbs sound a little scary :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts