Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
ALWAYS IN A RUSH
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i was about 8. my moms and my sis bought me a new brand new huffy,it was all flat black with a oranbe gas tank ,make believe of course.i searched high and low for images,but i could not find it.i loved that bike:),as i got older about 12,i feel in love with the the raliegh bike.but never ever got the chance to get one:(.anyways by the age of 15.everyone had a 10 speed,my brotherinlaw gave me a fuji 12 speed,so i was happy with that for a little while,then i discovered cars and forgot about bikes totally,now am an old man in my forties 5/8 190lbs not really over weight but slightly fit.i re-discovered bikes in 2007 when i saw this really nice rush 400 so i dove in and got it.because in my mind it was like getting that bike that has eluded me in the past and this is it.

what bike did you love as a kid?????????????????????

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I tried to find it, but I couldn't. I remember Renegade being written on it everywhere. Maybe a Huffy? I don't know. I loved that bike.

·
Cycling for life
211 Posts
Always wanted a Shwinn. My favorite was a fat tired bike made by who knows, but they got it a Montgomery Ward. Came with typical comfort seat and bars, but had what I called "kick gears" If you kicked back slightly on the pedals it would shift up or down as memory serves between two. I added a banana seat, sissy bar, and those high handle bars. Used moms cloths pins to hold playing cards in the spokes to make a cool noise.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
Single-speed Schwinn Stingray, got it at about age 8. Ape-hangers, banana seat, "racing slick" rear tire with the bobbed fender. That was my favorite childhood bike -- second only to the 10-speed Schwinn I got at age 15, which turned me on to cycling.

As it was another lifetime ago, I can call it my old favorite; my all-time #1 is the Dakar XLT I'm on now... nothing else has EVER performed like it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The only bike I had as a kid was one I had inherited from my brother after he moved away from home, a 1960 something Hercules 3 speed. It was the only bike I had access to so I had to love it.

·
Registered
15 Posts

My first mountain bike.... The Giant ATX 970. (circa 1995) Before that, it was all about BMX. A GT, a Mongoose, and then a Redline Proline. It was candy green over chrome and decked out in anodized purple (everything cool in the early 90's was anodized purple, right?) I still have the scars from the original bear-trap pedals (I replaced them with a purple set) on my leg...it looks like a dog bite!

·
The Bearded Wonder
561 Posts
lil black and red huffy... took off the old foam "this is to protect your nuts" bar cover, slapped an STP sticker on it, and stood on the pedals whenever I could to lay down a fat black streak in front of everybody's driveway...

·
Grenouille
161 Posts
Ooh, my first was a Huffy. Three speed hub, coaster brakes. Won it at some kid's christmas show. Got to walk it home with a crowd of kids following me.

·
Older than Hack
147 Posts
When I was a kid, bikes were pretty much anonymous. Schwinns were the schwagg at that time, but I never got one. Don't really care.

·
Registered
346 Posts
26" schwinn, big bike with monster monkey hanger handle bars, road that bike everywhere, circa 1960....was candy apple red:cool:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts