Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember the longest ride I've ever done and the struggle internally, that came towards the end of the ride. With only a few miles left to finish I thought, "I've done pretty good, and there is no shame in quitting now." But deep inside, I knew that was not what I'd set out to do. I wanted to reach or exceed my goal, and over the next few miles I built character. I'm not one to give up easily or allow walls to get in my way. I need your support in this upcoming week. A few more people and a few more donations, could make the difference. I'm asking you to support my fundraising efforts with your tax-deductible donation. I'm just a few hundred dollars short of that $500 goal. Please consider making a secure donation of $35 or more this week, through the link below.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is dedicated to creating a world free of MS, but they can't do it without our help. It's faster and easier than ever to support this cause. Simply click the link below to visit my page and make a donation.

Your donation supports research, programs and services for everyone impacted by MS. Ending MS means no one will receive an MS diagnosis again. Every dollar helps. Every person makes a difference..

Bike MS: Kansas City Ride 2015

·
Premium Member
7,097 Posts
Awesome. I'm doing the MS ride right now. I was fortunate to raise a lot for the cause and am only into cycling period because my lifelong friend,fraternity brother and best man was diagnosed with MS about 2 1/2 years ago. We still have another day to go.

By the way he is doing his second iron man in 2 weeks. He's focused on beating it. We also have another MS teammate who rode the 42 mile option on her own with some help from a good buddy. Strong stuff to see this in person.

Good luck and thanks for your help in raising money for MS.

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My mom has MS so I greatly appreciate your efforts Ryno. Tried donating but site was down
I rode it for the first time last year and had a blast. This year I plan on doing it again. It's really came fast this week and I've still got money to raise.

Lou Thank You for your donation. MS is a terrible thing to go through and I do hope they find a cure for it sooner than later. I also know a few people with it and it sucks. One is a classmate of mine from HS, he's a great guy too.

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. I'm doing the MS ride right now. I was fortunate to raise a lot for the cause and am only into cycling period because my lifelong friend,fraternity brother and best man was diagnosed with MS about 2 1/2 years ago. We still have another day to go.

By the way he is doing his second iron man in 2 weeks. He's focused on beating it. We also have another MS teammate who rode the 42 mile option on her own with some help from a good buddy. Strong stuff to see this in person.

Good luck and thanks for your help in raising money for MS.
Thank You Sir!

I rode the 78mi option last year in 5hr the first day. I'd really like to ride it again, not sure my ole bod will allow it though. My endurance isn't where it was last year.

·
Premium Member
9,948 Posts
They just opened the registration for the Citrus Tour here in Florida. It's one of three that is hosted in our state. The other ones are in St. Augustine and the Miami area. I signed up for my 6th consecutive ride, with my teammates, for 2016. It's always a great ride but last year they started at a different location, but ended up at the same hotel in Orlando. This year they are starting in the same location as last year and are ending at a different hotel just outside of the Orlando area. So, we now have a new route and a new place to stay for Saturday night. This hotel is much smaller than the Caribe Royale that has been the host since I've been doing it. I'm curious how they are going to fit 1,500 to 2,000 riders in a hotel with 720 rooms. There aren't any other hotels in the immediate area so I have to make reservations early. I tried that Friday but the hotel reservation people don't know anything about the ride or special rates for it. Go figure! :hate:

·
Premium Member
7,097 Posts
That doesn't sound good on the hotel rooms. Hope it works out. Good luck to all doing the MS rides. We finished our local one today.

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That stinks John..

Alright, i'm about 110.00 short of what I need to be in this ride. If any of you twospokers could find it in your heart to make a tax deductible donation for a great cause I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
9,948 Posts
My mom has MS so I greatly appreciate your efforts Ryno. Tried donating but site was down
And you and your dad are doing the 2016 ride with us, correct? Here's the registration link. Just find our team and register. Wayne already has it set up.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
That's the plan! But for some reason something always happens, hence why I'm staying in bed for this year's Brain Tumor Ride! Don't need to happen what happened last year

·
Premium Member
9,948 Posts
That's the plan! But for some reason something always happens, hence why I'm staying in bed for this year's Brain Tumor Ride! Don't need to happen what happened last year

I'll let you slide on the Brain Tumor Ride since your sister is having her engagement party that afternoon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts