Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

We're starting to leave our car at home more and more but since we're stuck in a lease with another year to go, I figure we're going "car-freer." I've got 2 little ones who have been riding since they were 6 months old and loving it. I just put my order in for a Yuba Mundo (www.yubaride.com) cargo bike and should be getting it by the end of the week. We had been using a Chariot trailer to lug the babies but the everyday errands were difficult to manage. I can't wait!

Does anyone else have a Mundo? I'm curious to see how others have modified it to haul their cargo.

You can check out our journey at: www.tinyhelmetsbigbikes.com

Thanks! Elle

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Hi from the Swamps of Jersey. And yes thay have one at our local bike shop Tuckahoe bike shop it is hanging from the sealing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum. Are you having the Mundo delivered to you or through a shop? I've been looking at a Mundo for 2 years now, from what I've read when they are delivered to your door, there is a bit of set-up required (true wheels, etc) but nothing crazy.

What options did you choose for it?
My bike was built in a local shop that sells Mundos. Do you have a dealer near-by? It seems like as long as you know your basic tune-up, you should be fine. I chose the disc brakes because I'm always hauling my kids around and it was a pretty good deal considering the price includes both brakes and installation. I also got the Stand-Alone, which is worth its weight in gold! The utility deck and a rumble strap but I haven't really used the strap since I haven't had people on the bike except for my kids. A Peanut Shell in the back and a Yepp Mini in the front for my kids. My stem is a threadless but you can get the v4 either way. I added a bike computer and that's about it, so far.

I was pretty surprised that the components are so good, right out of the shop. I love the pedals, they're metal platforms, it has fenders already, index shifting and a good gear ratio. I actually just finished a 41 mile ride with my 2 kids on the bike and it was great. I have to play around with the seat because of the baby in front but that's the only issue. The Mundo rides like a dream. I'm very impressed with it, so far. I've put over 100 miles on it in just a couple of weeks and I'm very happy.

Let me know if you have any questions. I hope you get it!

Elle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts