Biking Shirtless

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DesertRider, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesertRider

DesertRider New Member

Just wondering how many other guys like to bike shirtless during hot weather.
    My biking buddy thinks I should keep my shirt on but I like the freedom and keeps me cool.

2. The_Cherub

The_Cherub New Member

I can either go without a shirt or wear tight shorts. Can't do both, personally.

3. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

i like the idea but have always gone with a shirt:p

4. BikeMike

BikeMike New Member

Funny you should ask...

Love to ride bare topped!
    There's a large private park in my neighborhood where I like to bike and in the summer many of us guys biked shirtless. Then last year up popped signs saying SHIRTS REQUIRED. Of course this upset us nude tops.
    I went online to TorsoTees and ordered an athletic TorsoTee shirt. They're shirts with a photo image of a sexy male's chest and abs on front. Long story short, it caught on and other guys did the same. Weekends you can still see guys biking in the park wearing the shirts in protest...or on second thought, maybe it's just because it makes them look fit. Either way, it's totally cool!

5. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Haha. :D

6. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

I gota say no...on one hand there is a certain amount of swagger that says "look at me" and then the other side of the fence...maybe you should really look in the mirror before you go out in public like that...either way in my book it gets a big no. As far being hot I believe wearing cotton or even better something like Under Armour's (or whoever's)wicking actually helps cool you vs bare skin if that is truly the goal. That's my opinion and .02 worth and I'm sticking to it!

( there are exceptions :D )

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

In Texas it's legal, put that one in the win column.

I don't but I'm overweight and kind of ugly. By kind of, I mean extremely, and by overweight I mean super awesome.

8. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

9. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

moving to texas.... lol ;)

10. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Please do. We need a higher Not Redneck to Redneck ratio.

I'm a redneck, but I'm sophisticated.

Bonafide.

11. Biketom53

Biketom53 New Member

Men riding shirtless are fairly common at the Jersey shore. Don't see many elsewhere. Seems that it was more common on trails elsewhere in NJ than it is now.

12. newleaf150

newleaf150 Deranged Touring Cyclist Tavern Member

I see shirtless men on bicycles pretty frequently on the local MUPs here in CO, and could really do without the views. At the very least, if you're going to go shirtless, be sure you have some physical attribute to show off other than your unsightly fat. It's not attractive or cool to watch a grown man's fat ripple as he cycles over bumps.

The worst was last week, when I passed a 60+yo man cycling in sandals, what looked like a speedo, and nothing else. Nasty. Awful. Right down to the massively-overdone, sickly-looking tan. You. Are. Nowhere. Near. As. Hot. As. You. Think.

13. rola643

It the most duigusthing public display I can think of, I make no amends for that statement either! And frankly I didn't care what the physic is....

14. kneedrachen

kneedrachen Moderator Mod Team Tavern Member

I disagree:

This is worse [​IMG]

15. rola643

Lol same same. Did you get permission to post omnis picture from the beach the other day?

16. kneedrachen

Yes.

What he thinks he looks like:
    [​IMG]

What we see:
    [​IMG]

17. kneedrachen

He always has a problem with a slip o' the nip when he's showing off.

18. SixtyPlus

SixtyPlus New Member

I am going to quietly and quickly leave this thread, thank you...

19. Andy2302

Andy2302 Active Member

Funny.....
    30 something years ago when I last rode we had a group. One guy liked to ride in a Speedo & sandals. He was the oldest, fit and more than kept up. We got some fun comments from the natives.
    Shirts wick and shade, required equipment for me. Hey, has anyone seen a shirtless man with the zipper scar? You know, where the surgeons went in.

20. bikertank

bikertank Senior Member

Sprocket girl - I have tried to convince my wife to try it - she is a no-go on shirtless also

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.