Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to get back in the swing of things when it comes to biking, I wanna know what is the hottest thing on the market for bike riders. I'm afraid I may have been out of the loop for too long and don't want to look ridiculous when I go out again for the first time. Specifically speaking, I am looking for biking shirts and pants. If any of you guys have any leads, offer them up.

Thanks--

·
Registered
50 Posts
what kind of biking do you do and how "hot" do you want to look? Outside of tucking your t-shirt into your bike shorts, anything you buy at a bike shop is fine. I would suggest not wearing a full white kit, and depending on what you consider super cool and your style, I really dig the gear from Twin Six available online or at REI and some larger bike shops.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Man I am in to hi vis yellow, I don't know what outher riders think but I know thay see me, and I hope the car & truck drivers see me better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess bike riding style doesn't change that dramatically over time, good to know. I will swing by a shop and just buy the basics.

---Bright yellow, nice touch!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Depending on the distances your riding, a good pair of shorts/bibs with a good chamois. As far as the rest goes, I think you will find that just materials have changed. Not much else. Bright colors is always a good idea if your in a heavy traffic area, or just want the additional peace of mind.

·
Grenouille
161 Posts
I think the "serious" riders around here have matching jerseys and pants. Or at least the guys who blow by me when I'm riding are wearing 'em.

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
Unless I'm on a charity ride with my cycling team, I wear a bright yellow or bright orange jersey when riding on the roads. Even our team jerseys are white and fire engine and very visible. On the MUP, I wear whichever jersey is available.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Actually this is season of bright colors. I think yellow and bright orange jersey will look super-cool. These colors are always famous or riding. Green also one more color which has trendy look for any riding person.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Bright yellow jersey to be seen. I'm more concerned about visibility/safety than style. Plus my bike is yellow.
Visibility is important. Your kit matching your bike is most important.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts