Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I Bmx'd as a kid. I have a road bike now though. Is it still going strong? Last I heard it was dwindling as a sport and hobby.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I Bmx'd as a kid. I have a road bike now though. Is it still going strong? Last I heard it was dwindling as a sport and hobby.
I think it is exactly the opposite. Take a look around, Austin is one of the biggest cities for BMX in the country. 4 Frame manufactures in town, plus tons of places to ride. There have been tons of new dirt spots poppong up recently and tons of kids out riding and helping build.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I see them riding but the sport in general has lost its exposure. The majority of the bmx's I see people on in Austin are barely street worthy let alone able to hit dirt.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Were on the fringe so we don't get coverage like the tour DE lance. Were strong but small. Its a good ting. When you see some one on a bmx you know they didn't start riding yesterday.

·
FreerideLife
77 Posts
Why yes funetical seeing as nobody has responded to your post I'd say the sport is dwindling.
LOL. Go to pinkbike.com and tell me bmx is "dwindling".

this forum just isn't big on bmx and dh. BMX is MASSIVE now. in fact its just done nothing but grow in the last decade.

I got a few bmx bikes.

standard STA 500 Street bmx bike
Schwinn Matt Pholkamp pro modified team issue Frame #005
S & M dirtbike classic all custom

Rebuilding it for this coming race season. Need to get me another issued frame soon.

·
FreerideLife
77 Posts
I don't bother watching bike racing in the olympics. I watch the UCI world cup, Norba, ABA and NBL. Olympics are laaame and out dated imo.

·
FreerideLife
77 Posts
Yes, they have BMX in the Olympics. And they have the internet on computers now too. Where have you been? :p
What was this, the 2nd or 3rd olympics bmx was a part of. That's quite some time for someone not to know. Pretty sure this was the 2nd one. Don't really know for sure. Not into the olympics like mentioned. Would rather watch southpark on tv or some other mindless entertainment, or Nascar.

·
EuRoSpEeD
15 Posts
I have a metallic green BMX and mainly what makes the bike look nice is the colour I have held a few bicycle shows and viewers voted for my bike to win.I always came first

Need to take picture still.My BMX is stored away for winter but i ride a junkyer one in winter when the roads are not to bad

Eurospeed.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts