Bonktown.com

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Xela, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

A friend of mine turned me on to this site. Item changes every 20 to 30 minutes. Faster if they sell out. All bike related.

Though I have yet to actually pull the trigger and order anything, I have watched several great deals go by.

Post a review if you have any experience with the site. Like I said, I haven't ordered anything, so I don't know about shipping rates/times, customer service, etc.

www.bonktown.com

2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

They're one of my affiliates, and I've heard nothing but good things about them. If you really want to help me out, access their site through my blog. That way I get a tiny percentage, should you actually buy something from them.

Last year I made $5.85 off my blog. I'm hoping this year is a bit better.

4. Xela

Hmmmmm...sure, Hack! I bet we can get that number to 6 bucks this year!

Know anything about their return policy. So some jerseys I really liked, but am a little concerned about buying a new to me brand since it seems that so many brands fit so differently.

5. fleeter

fleeter The Bearded Wonder

interesting...

6. Industry_Hack

Unbeatable! Lifted directly from their site:

Return Policy and Procedures
    30-Day Unconditional Guarantee:

You can return any product for any reason within 30 days of purchase. No questions asked. Returns made after 30 days will not be accepted.

7. fleeter

fleeter The Bearded Wonder

Dude, you can buy like two drinks! Three if it's happy hour!

8. Industry_Hack

It was also the first time I had to pay my own way to Interbike. I went from making a tidy sum each month for a side business that was more like a hobby, to making just about nothing. The bright spot is that since I'm no longer beholden to any sites or advertisers, I can pretty much do as I wish. That means promoting and supporting the new companies, and all the little guys.

9. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

10. Industry_Hack

It's like Woot! for cyclists instead of geeks.

11. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

Chainlove, I think..., is related to Bonktown.
    But chainlove is geared towards mountain bikes and bonktown is geared toward roadies.

I have purchased from Chainlove. No issues. I got a CO2 tire inflator for CHEAP.

http://www.chainlove.com/

12. Industry_Hack

They're one of my affiliates as well. Feel free to click through my blog to get to them.

13. Xela

Just wanted to get this thread out there again. I found some killer deals at Bonktown last week. I got a jersey, helmet and some Endurox on the way.

Hack, I see the link for Chainlove on industryoutsider.com but I don't see one for Bonktown.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  14. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Glad you brought it back up. I somehow missed the original post and now have it bookmarked for future use !
    ________
    Bummed, just tried to install the Firefox alert plugin but it won't work with firefox 4.9b9 and I didn't see one for the droid. Ended up using the Vista sidebar for now...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011