Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use one? Got any input one? Pros/Cons?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I have one that I got probably 12 or more years ago and still use it off and on. It actually works pretty well, I'm just not too much for exercising at home. I definitely have gotton my moneys worth out of it.

·
Two skinny J's
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,623 Posts
they are pretty cool. my roommates got one and i use it on occasion... he never does. for me it takes time away from the spin bike and that is the only down side to it. if i did not have a spin bike i would use the bow flex all the time.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
I'm getting a bigger home office, and we're getting rid of the pool table in the 2nd lounge room, so I really don't have an excuse for not snapping up some new exercise equipment.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,623 Posts
spin bike... only because i don't want to put spin miles on my regular bike... if i were pro and got new bikes all the time or whenever i need... i would go with my bike on a fluid trainer for sure.
it is better to train on what you ride!

·
Two skinny J's
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The Bowflex showed up today. 7 boxes at or over 80 lbs each, oh joy. It is considerably bigger than I imagined. Had to completely clean out a spare room so there was as much rearranging as building the thing today.

Sorry for the poor picture quality.

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I've finished my 3rd workout on the Bowflex and I absolutely love it. I wasn't sure at first if I was really going to like it or not but once you get a feel for what you have to do and what configuration you need it's great! I'm considering ordering the 410 lb option for the leg press. I can max that out at 310 on all sets and reps with no problem. Having said that I can barley finish 3 sets of 10 with 35 lbs doing leg curls, lots of room for improvement.

·
889 Posts
I love my Bowflex! I still use it 3 or 4 times a week at home to weight train.

Pros
Easy and quick to change resistance
Perfect for quick workouts
Save me a hell of a lot of time because now I don't have to leave the house
Good variety of exercises

Cons
Too little resistance so most of my big muscle groups need high reps
It's takes up a fair bit of space
Not too kid friendly so you have to watch to make sure your children don't play with it

·
Two skinny J's
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love it! Just done doing my Wednesday workout :)

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
A spin bike will cost more then parts wearing out on a bike riding a trainer! A trainer will not put anymore stress on a frame (or parts) then riding the frame on the road; plus don't forget, even a spin bike has parts that will wear out. So really I don't see any economic benefit of getting a spin bike over a trainer, in fact you will spend more on a spin bike. A spin bike will also take up more room then a trainer, and your riding a (spin) bike you're not fitted to as well as your bike.

·
Registered
28 Posts
froze said:
A spin bike will cost more then parts wearing out on a bike riding a trainer! A trainer will not put anymore stress on a frame (or parts) then riding the frame on the road; plus don't forget, even a spin bike has parts that will wear out. So really I don't see any economic benefit of getting a spin bike over a trainer, in fact you will spend more on a spin bike. A spin bike will also take up more room then a trainer, and your riding a (spin) bike you're not fitted to as well as your bike.
The spinner is always sitting there ready to ride.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
One year later. Are you still using your Bowflex regularly?

·
Two skinny J's
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One year later. Are you still using your Bowflex regularly?
3 times a week, but riding takes priority. I love it, and I know it's not the same as free weights, but I just want to remain tone

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
A great complimentary book for the Boflex is "The Essence of Band and Pulley Training" by Juan Carlos Santana (no, not that one). It will give you over 200 pages of exercises you can do to spice up your Boflexing!

·
889 Posts
I am still using my bowflex at least 3 or 4 days a week since I find it hard to get enough time to go the gym and train. The only problem with the bowflex is that there isn't enough resistance for me so I have to do high reps for pretty much everything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts