Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple buddies and I have decided that it is time to bring together the two greatest things in the world- biking and beer! We've designed a seat clamp that has an integrated bottle opener. We want to know what you guys think. We have 2 designs- Nectar is a fixed collar:

And Elixir is a quick release:

But the bottle opener is sideways, won't that cause a village of spillage? You'd think so, but when you are popping the top, usually you are off to the side of the bike. Naturally you tilt the bike a little bit toward you, and you twist the bottle down. Check it out:

If you guys like them, check out our Kickstarter project here.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
That's cool, but on my MTB, you'd be putting the bottle opener in one of the grimiest places on the frame. Speaking of which, I've seen quite a few frames with an opener built into the rear dropout.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
Santa Cruz does the dropout bottle opener; I've also seen the round type of bottle opener molded into a bolted seat collar.

Not to pee in your cornflakes, but it's been done.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9KJtKXCHx8]YouTube - How to Open a Bottle with a Lighter[/ame]

I like your idea, I question the necessity of it is all. That doesn't mean you wont sell.

How do you keep from spilling your beer at that angle?

·
Registered
35 Posts
A friend offered me his bottle. Took one drink and almost spit it out. It was Seven and Seven. I told him beer would be better. He replied no it just fizzed up and leaked out all over his bike.

·
Specialized Crosstrail
150 Posts
Or, you could just go all the way and get one of these. And with tapped beer, you don't even need a bottle popper.

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
I like it. I added a bottle opener under the saddle of my fixed gear, then I added a 6-pack front rack.

The price is inexpensive enough that I think people will buy it just for the 'bling' factor. Much like those stem captains or fancy headtube spacers. It's not something that anyone needs, it's just something to make the bike unique.

good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts