Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
There are bikes out there that sell for less than you can buy the components for = Buy
You may not find a bike with just what components you want = build

I guess I am not much help

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Good point Industry Hack. What's the possible repair option looking like? Are you looking to use components from your old bike in your build?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are bikes out there that sell for less than you can buy the components for = Buy
You may not find a bike with just what components you want = build

I guess I am not much help
:) If you were in my place, and you wanted a bike similar to the one you already had, what would you do?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good point Industry Hack. What's the possible repair option looking like? Are you looking to use components from your old bike in your build?
I would like to use the components from previous bike, but some of them are damaged beyond repair, and I don't have my bro who built it last time!
Plus, won't it be really expensive?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dear rosa,
Buy the parts, which have broken and damaged. Then repair the bike.
Since my bro won't be able to fix it for months, and I don't want to wait that long; if I ask some professional to build it using new and old parts, won't be more expensive than buying a new one?

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Since my bro won't be able to fix it for months, and I don't want to wait that long; if I ask some professional to build it using new and old parts, won't be more expensive than buying a new one?
Have you tried calling around to some of the bike shops and asking them this question? If you are going to leave the building to a LBS, then it would make sense to see what they would charge to build you a bike from your usable components vs buying one from their inventory. If you decide to buy, you may want to ask the LBS if they will give you credit for the usable parts on your destroyed bike. Some shops will buy the parts from you and use them to repair bikes for other customers. This will help lower the cost of the new bike some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts