Bumped/hit by car

Discussion in 'Activism / Safety' started by Sammie, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Sammie

Sammie Guest

Have you ever been bumped or hit by a car?

I never have but many years ago my mom hit a cyclist on accident when she was pulling out of her work office. She didn't see him, she bumped him and knocked him over. The ambulance came but the guy was alright. I never her let her live that one down!

2. BigDumbBear

BigDumbBear New Member

I was riding a bmx bike(on the incorrect side of the raod-oops) but I was on the sidewalk. I stopped to let a truck turn right into traffic in front of me. He was stuck on the side road because of the traffic so I figured I go on in front of him to cross. He had seen me coming towards him and slowing down. Just as I got in front of his truck, he accelerated, running into me at a slow speed. I leaned towards the truck and my back tire slid sideways until I had been pushed out of the way. To this day, I still think he did it on purpose. I was not harmed and didn't turn quick enough to get the plate number.

My dad was riding home one night years ago when someone drove by and hit him in the back with a 2x4. He was knocked out in the ditched for roughly 2 hours before he woke back up.

You've gotta be careful out there with all the idiots around.

3. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Have not yet even though I bike to work and back every single day. I've had some serious close calls though.

4. Naturegirl

Naturegirl New Member

I haven't, but like Dean have had some very close calls. I've fallen off my bike from swerving so hard to avoid a car.

5. mr.baird

mr.baird Guest

I'm sorry Naturegirl, but I had to giggle at the illustration that came into my head....I could picture the scared shitless look on your face! lol

Glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been!