Burr Rode

Discussion in 'Training / Health' started by Burr, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Well I did my 20 miles this morning. I feel good but had a half a lap where my left knee hurt a little, dropped a gear for the rest of the lap and it got fine, picked up two gears to make up the time.

20 mile avg speed 13.33
    avg cad 67rpm's
    heart rate: took 18 miles to get over 140, stayed about 130.
    Max HR on the last lap was 149 BRM

Feel great looking forward to Tuesday

2. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Hey Burr, strong work man...

I did 16mi today, 8w/wife around the lake, then 8 uphill home, I didn't average 13+mph, more like 2mph, 1.3mi was 19%, kills me everytime, dam gettin old:rolleyes:

DrB

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009

3. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Wife did a few little 1/4 mile laps but she was out there with me so that's what counts.

Then we went and had a "Hot Chocolate" ain't that romantic?????

4. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

You bet, I'm glad wife is tryin, doin pretty good so far, just tryin to keep her motivated, helps her back a lot.

Hot Chocolate sounds pretty good to me:thumbsup:

Gettin ready to tackle some interesting hills in Reno NV, daughter had knee surgery so been watchin gkids all day, wore them out. Gonna go do some miles around here for an hour or so see what I can climb.

DrB

5. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Give'm hell old man!

6. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Who you callin old?:) and proud of it!!!

It was a good ride, 18 miles/14.13mph avg, one long hill about 2.5 miles 6-7%grade, did a lot better than I thought I would. I been driven over this hill for years and finally had a chance to ride up it. The downhill was a hell of a lot of fun(44mph max), dumps right into downtown Reno, was a great ride.

The toughest part was comin back west toward home, 30-40 mph headwinds, was harder than climbin the hill. This is where the hybrid really sucks, flat bars, you just can't get out of the wind and your chest is like a big sail. I'm ready to get a Roubaix, maybe in the next month or so.

BTW, what's up with your knee?

DrB

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  7. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

See the wind was the problem in Ridgecrest. Nice long flat climbs but 30 and 40mph head winds. Sometimes going down hill with a tail wind you could coast 10 miles. That sure was nice.
    Drop bars are very nice there. I rode my city bike shopping and it was a slow climb coming home but had a head wind most of the time.

The bike rides from SF to LA are always south because of the wind. Put you bike on the train to SF then have a rolling party to LA, 55 miles a day. Some wonderful climbs before someone says something about 55 miles a day avg.

BUT, WONDERFUL PARTIES AT NIGHT

I've done it three times! You just hookup with a group that gets larger as you go.