Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol. that mercier is tidy

my logic is that the Langster has a good rep, is a good bike co and the price is the lowest. The charge looks good and when i've ridden my friends it felt really solid, so sounds like I'd get a lot riding out of it. And i think the black Fuji looks the best out of all 3.

I'm leaning towards the Charge or the Fuji at the moment

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
It's all well and good to place a value on company rep, price, and looks, but you may want to consider geometry as well, if you plan on actually riding the bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's all well and good to place a value on company rep, price, and looks, but you may want to consider geometry as well, if you plan on actually riding the bike.

ok, thanks - kind of assumed if i got the right size it wouldn't be an issue...but interested to know what i should be looking for, and considering?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, i haven't really thought about geometry. what should i be considering?

·
12,350 Posts
A steeper head tube may offer quick handling, but that can get tiring on longer rides. And typical "track" geometry is not the greatest for the street either, unless you don't mind your foot hitting your front wheel on sharp turns. If you're not planning on doing a lot of hard sprints, but prefer commuting speeds and casual riding, you may find that a really stiff frame is not the best choice. And coming from an upright BMX, how comfortable do you think you'll be riding in the drops of the Fuji Feather?

So why do you want a fixed gear?

·
Registered
148 Posts
All I know is that I bought a Langster (LA edition) a few years back and I am impressed by what I got for the money. Do they still have a carbon fiber front fork? And why do I need to call it a "front" fork? Hack, fixies are fun to ride, good for the "off" season when the roads are messy ( easier to clean and maintain ). A great way to improve your pedaling efficiency, and get more of a work out in less time then you would on a bike with freewheel, which is nice in colder weather.

·
12,350 Posts
You don't have to sell me on a single speed or fixed gear - I have my Wabi, and miss my departed Hour as well. I wanted to know why the OP wanted one.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You don't have to sell me on a single speed or fixed gear - I have my Wabi, and miss my departed Hour as well. I wanted to know why the OP wanted one.
Sorry if I sounded defensive, some posters here can get a little aggressive. Which is good in a race but not in a discussion.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm surprised coming from a BMX background that you haven't added the SE Racing SS/FG's to your list :)

Having said that, I too think you may be better off with a more relaxed, road type geometry rather than a track geo. Of course all our bodies are different, but I know that my Windsor ss convert is more comfy on long hauls than my Madison is. SE single speeds have this more road type geometry so you may want to look them up. There are some lower dollar options with hi-ten frames and some more higher priced options with chromoly. I recommend the latter over the former, but again we are all different.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts