Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

In September, I plan to lead a small group of boy scouts into DC for their 50 mile ride requirement for the Cycling merit badge. We will be using the C&O towpath primarily, but I wish to have the turn around point or final point at the National Mall.

To those who cycle this area, what would you recommend as the safest route from the begininning of the C&O towpath to the National Mall?

Thank you for your assistance.

·
Two skinny J's
21,584 Posts
Sounds like a great ride. I wish I had an answer. We rode part of that path in West Virginia at Harper Ferry last year and it was awesome so I'm sure the Scouts will really love it ! We are going to Washington and Old Dominion Railroad Regional Park (W&OD) Map - Arlington (Four Mile Run Drive) - Purcellville (21st Street) this comming weekend to ride ! Did you try google for bikes? I know this is not what you are looking for but just an example.

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=The+Mall,+Washington+D.C.,+DC&daddr=C+%26+O+Canal+towpath&geocode=FVRoUQIdyLho-yHRDUDZ7P-VbikfppPEnLe3iTH9lG9Jjt-A2A%3BFfGhUQId4Cho-yF0eZC2N9RI7CkpcQCFS7a3iTGmXSRbo5OuoQ&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=38.897112,-77.04463&sspn=0.037608,0.077162&ie=UTF8&ll=38.893438,-77.041883&spn=0.03761,0.077162&z=14]National Mall to C & O Canal National Historic - Google Maps[/ame]​

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It needs to be a 50 mile trip in an 8 hour period. The badge requires they do two 10 mile ride, two 15 mile rides, two 25 mile rides, and then a 50 mile ride.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Try posting this question here: www.more-mtb.org

The site seems to be down right now, but I'm sure someone there will be able to point you in the right direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts