Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I perfectly willing to complain when I am not happy, so I should also be willing to say something when I am treated right too.

After a few sessions trying to find out some compatibility issues with the Sunray, I found a number for Shimano and just called figuring either I wouldn't get through of if I do, I would wait till next week to talk to someone with no clue. Though I did have to wait a few minutes, it was a reasonable wait and actually the guy knew what I needed to know off the top of his head.

First I found out there I could take a 7 speed freewheel off and put another wheel on an use a 7 speed cassette with the cassette giving me the option of changing out individual gears if needed. The indexing between a freewheel and cassette are the same.

Now the spare wheel I have is an 8 speed. He knew that the 8 speed wheel could easily be converted to a 7 speed simply by adding a spacer. (thought so but not sure in that I thought it might could have been done with a rear derailleur adjustment) He said with the spacer the indexing would work fine.

When I asked which trigger shifters would work with the front and rear derailleurs and he gave me the make and model and its worth 30 bucks or so to get rid of those twist shift srams. I did I mention I hate twist shift. lol

I don't know if I will ever ride a high end drive train. I am too much of a Fred for it to matter. But if I do, it will be a Shimano if they keep treating me like this when I have their lowest of the low end.

Will going through all this help? Sure won't make the engine any lighter, but if it gives me a gearing that's closer to the Fuji, I'll consider it a success. But my phone call to Shimano can only be considered:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It happens more often than you think. I bought a cup of coffee at the grocery store last week. One of the kids working there found 50 cents change in the coffee machine someone forgot. He walked through the store asking everyone he saw with a coffee cup if they had forgotten their change. Honest with 50 cents, honest with 500 bucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts