Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
retromike3
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode my fixed to the store today(short trip 2.5 miles) and on the way home I felt a bumping feeling. thump, thump, thump and then I pulled off to the side and had a look at the tire. It looked like the cord was broken, so I tried to get it home and about three blocks from home BANG! HISsss:(. They are Kevlar belted with hardly any casing exposed. these were my go to tires for around town If I needed to get there quick and I knew that it was fairly flat I would take that bike and those tires.

I don't remember hitting anything hard and my back tire is still looking good.(same type Victoria CX) So what do you folks think?:confused:

P.S. I have a stash of sew-ups pre-stretched, waiting to be put on when the time comes. Should I be worried about them?

Mike

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
well depending on where you are the heat could have something to do with it. Its cooled off to 102 here, and put a load on anything rubber in it and its tough on them.

·
retromike3
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not much heat this time

It was about seventy five degrees out when I went for the ride. not too bad(although I have more insulation than I need)

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts